- For information about supported operating systems, network and Internet requirements and recommendations, general hardware and software requirements and secure browser installation, including supported individual and network installation options, please refer to the Technical Specifications and Configuration Guide for CAASPP Online Testing.
- For information about Braille requirements and testing, refer to the Braille Requirements and Testing Manual (coming soon).
About Supported Operating Systems
- Only supported operating system versions are listed in the table above.
- These operating systems are supported when software is directly installed on machines and devices. Some types of network installation are also supported.
- For information about network installation and related requirements, refer to the Technical Specifications and Configuration Guide for CAASPP Online Testing.
Warning: Support for New Desktop Operating Systems
Desktop operating systems, in particular new versions of operating systems, not listed in the above table not supported. Do not upgrade to new operating systems on computers that will be used to administer online assessments.
Warning: Support for Updated Mobile Operating Systems
Turn off or delay automatic updates of the iOS, Android, and Chrome operating systems. Doing so will allow changes to these systems to be reviewed and any that pose a potential risk to student testing to be addressed. Announcements will be posted to the CAASPP Portal when a new mobile operating system can be used for testing.